One person’s way of speaking is different from others persons way. That is why everyone is unique. Some English language Courses teach you the proper speaking style. There are a lot of style of speaking that one may have. But it is not necessary that you only have one style when you speak. It all depends on the situation, the topic and who you’re talking to. There are a lot of English lessons Singapore that you may check out for you to know what style you mostly use. You may need to enroll to English courses for you to know what’s appropriate on when. But here are some of the different English speaking styles that you may be using that would be helpful as well when you plan to get English lessons Singapore:
1. Articulate – When you explain your ideas clearly and is easily understood by the person you are talking to.
2. Chatty – More of an informal style like when you are talking to a friend.
3. Clean – When you talk to people that doesn’t involve any private matters and does not offend anyone.
4. Declamatory – When you try to express your feelings and emotion with a great conviction.
5. Economical – You only speak words that are needed.
6. Flowery – Using too many words, even complicated ones to make it more attractive.
7. Fluent – Words come out of your mouth naturally making it look effortless.
8. Formal – A style used for gatherings and serious occasions.
9. Gossipy – Talking about other people very lively.
10. Inarticulate – Not explaining clearly making it hard for people to understand.
11. Literary – Using words that are found and used in poems,speeches or stories.
12. Lyrical – Using words that sounds like music
13. Poetic – Telling ideas with great passion and imagination.
14. Rambling – A piece too long that would normally sound too confusing
15. Vague – Not clearly explaining something and would stay into the general idea.